Sunday 28 April 2013

Cauliflower & Prosciutto Pasta

I found this recipe in the Canvas magazine that came the NZ Herald on 2nd June 2012. We had just discovered the wonder of brussel sprouts, so I took the recipe home and tried it. Unfortunately I lost those photos when I lost the hard drive, but I still had the recipe. Today I made it again, and it was just as delicious as I had remembered.

Boil 400g pasta and set aside. Cook 6 slices of prosciutto (we use bacon instead) in a little olive oil, then set aside. Using the same pan, fry 400g of cauliflower and 200g sliced brussel sprouts with 3 cloves of garlic. In a bowl, combine 1 cup cream, 3 egg yolks, 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add the cream mixture to the pan of cauliflower and brussel sprouts. At this point, I add the chopped bacon, although the recipe says to put it on last when serving. Add the pasta to the frypan and stir until the cream sauce thickens. Serve with a little extra parmesan grated on top.


Sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment